Using Cosmo / Bedework CalDAV with Evolution

This evening I was toying around with Cosmo, Bedework and Evolution v2.9.6 on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. In a perfect world that only would have taken a few minutes…

Unfortunately, Evolution did not really like  the URL I tried to feed it for Cosmo:
caldav://localhost:8080/cosmo/home/testuser/Cosmo – for the current release
Using a browser (and the HTTP protocol) I was able to retrieve the calendar as mime text/text, but Evolution failed to recognize anything. It would even refuse to let me create events when the Cosmo calendar was selected, thinking it was read only …

With Bedework I tried the following with partial success:
http://localhost:8080/ucaldav/user/caluser1/calendar – for the current quickstart release
Evolution fails to import any data from the server. However, events added in Evolution are correctly displayed on the users webcalendar. When pointing a browser to the URL I get this HTML code:

Very strange … the table statement seems to be missing a closing bracket? Could that be the error? I will have to take a closer look at this …

so long

butonic

Veröffentlicht von Jörn Dreyer

learned in a bank, studied business informatics, took the red pill and went down the rabbit hole of software engineering til a Ph.D.

Beteilige dich an der Unterhaltung

3 Kommentare

  1. Hi,

    I trying to use bedework as well. I got the above error the first time, but blanks screens after that.

    Have you found out any more about this?

    thanks

    1. Any news in your Evolution + CalDav server experiments? I tried Evolution (2.10.1) in Ubuntu (7.04) myself to collaborate with the Bedework server. It failed: Evolution crashed when changing to the calendar view after I added a CalDav calendar wit URL to my Bedework server.

      I also tried Cosmo but that failed, too: Evolution just displayed nothing although I entered some test events in Cosmo’s webinterface and pointed Evolution to the corresponding CalDav URL.

      In Cosmo’s Bugzilla I found https://bugzilla.osafoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9813

      In Evolution’s Bugzilla there seems to be just _three_ (3!) bugs for the CalDav plugin which seems to reflect the bad state of that component correctly :-(. http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=Evolution-CalDAV&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

Schreib einen Kommentar

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert.